Less Frustration, More Contentment - INTRO

Photo by taylor on Unsplash

 

I have good reasons to give up.


We recently had to shut down our congregation after about 15 years of hard labor. I have been facing. Personal and family challenges, significant challenges. Things have turned out differently than expected over the last year and a half.


So yes, I have good reasons to give up, or at least not to be happy.


However, I stand here before you, a content man.


I am Content in a similar way to the apostle Paul. It's at a different depth, but I have learned the secret of being content. Let me explain this or give a working definition of Contentment. Here, we're talking about being satisfied, from Eternity's perspective, with who we are and what we have because of the Person and the Work of the Triune God of the Universe. It doesn't mean I have nothing else to look for here on this earth: I still have plans and desires, and I still have to lose a few pounds. I want to learn more things. I want to do to do more things.


However, Christian Contentment is conviction, it is knowing that Eternity is secured because Jehovah has intervened. And with that security, with that real sense of hope, we can tackle this life, we can face this life, we can manage Frustration. You see, Frustration is that gap, that difference between what we expect from life and what is really happening. So yeah, it was frustrating to close down our local congregation. It is frustrating to have to deal with issues in my family and personal life. It is frustrating having to go on a different path professionally.


But in a real way, all those issues do not change what waits for me in Eternity. Of course, they are part of the plan the Lord has set up for me and the people around me. Yes, all these issues, events, and factors work according to that plan. That's for sure. But again, in the end, we know what will happen. The Lord has already told us, and that will not change. So that released pressure from me - I don't have to know all the answers; I don't have all the details.


And I can handle this Frustration because I'm satisfied. From Eternity's perspective, I know who I am and what I have in Christ, Jesus. 


I want to discuss that in this new series of posts. I want to share how the Lord taught me to be content. I want to share with you how embracing the Beauty of the Triune God of the Universe, embracing the reality of who He is and what He has done, can help us to learn Contentment. 


But it's not only about learning or acquiring knowledge. We will act in consequence - that's the way I'm using the word conviction; it is something that we know, something that we believe, and it is something that moves us to action. So, I want to share with you my journey, my pilgrimage towards Contentment, with the hope that you will also learn to be satisfied with His Beauty.


So, welcome to this new series; I hope it will be helpful. 


What about you? How do you handle Frustration?


May Jehovah make his face to shine upon y'all


Comments

Popular Posts