Winter Plans for Owen Talks

Photo by Yannick Pulver on Unsplash

 

So, Christmas Break is here, and my call as an Assistant Pastor won't start until January, so I have two weeks of flexible time; what do I do?


I thought about reading two books on philosophy or shepherding or even taking a class from EdX or any other similar platform. However, after having a casual conversation last night with some friends, I realized that I have been consuming too much content and have not put out much of it.


That's changing this Christmas Break!


In the past, I have considered my consuming/creating ratio, and even when I was not happy about it, I often gave the excuse that I needed to improve a little bit more before embracing the label of content creator more formally. There were outbursts of new content, mainly motivated by the sermon series I was preaching then, but nothing consistently.


I will work on changing that; consistency will be the name of the game.


Then, I decided this blog would be my main outlet, with YT being dedicated to sermons in Spanish and, maybe, as a testbed for some of the teaching material I want to develop. My two main philosophical driving forces are:

  1. Faithful steward of His grace
  2. Generous Hospitality

More about those two driving forces coming up in future posts.


What about you? What are your plans for these last two weeks of the year? What drives you?


May the Triune God of the Universe make His face shine upon y'all.


-AV



Comments

Popular Posts