Beauty instead of ashes

Photo by K. Mitch Hodge on Unsplash

 

What lies about you are demolished by what the Triune God says in Isa.61?

I have been told I am poor

   without hope; so deep into

captivity that there is no freedom for me;

I have been told I am broken

   beyond repair and ugly to the

point of repulsion.


I lament. I mourn. Vexation is my

   permanent companion.


Then You came, full of grace and truth

   and honesty.

You say I am poor,

   but also that you have the Good News.

You say I am a prisoner,

   but also that you will set me free.

You say I am broken,

   but also that you will restore me

   completely.


By your grace, you take my guilt and shame,

   and you wear them in public.

By your grace, you anoint my head

   with Your oil of gladness.

By your grace, you give me Your crown

   and you make me beautiful.


Complete.


Useful.


And by your grace, I dance.


-AV


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts