The freedom that moves me to act

Photo by averie woodard on Unsplash

 

I was listening to an episode of my favorite podcast, one dedicated to the creative process, when the host and his guess began discussing financial freedom, its meaning, and benefits.


For a moment I began to daydream, to consider what would it take for me to be financially free, to wonder what kind of projects I would tackle if I had no need to think about money; it was a delightful few minutes of bliss irreality.


Then, it came to me. In a real way, I do have the kind of freedom needed to act, now. I have the freedom to do as much as I can to adorn the full Gospel of grace. I am free from guilt and shame, I am free from the slavery I put myself in because of my sin, I am free of concerns for the future - the ultimate future known as eternity and glory; I know my place at His table is secured. I do not have the need to perform, I do not need to find myself, validate myself, define myself by what others think of me.


I am free because the Son has set me free.


I am free, therefore, I can imitate Him.


What about you? Are you free? If so, what are you doing with your freedom?


-AV

Comments

Popular Posts