Life

 

Photo by José Martín Ramírez Carrasco on Unsplash


Life moves all around us

Things happen and move

People work, and move, and create

Live never stops

Life awaits for no one

She is not in charge; she is

not in control

She just happens

She suffers because of us

She obeys His statutes

and awaits the Consummation

In the meantime she moves

and acts and happens

Around us

Not waiting

Always moving

Because of Him, Life happens

and is tolerable

Because of Him, Life moves

and brings delight

She is the context that

highlights Truth

She places a heavy burden

on me

But I'm not afraid of her

She is difficult to deal with

But I don't need to ignore it

Because of Him.

I will not see her in totality;

Life happens and moves everywhere

I'm just aware of her around me

But He gives me everything I need

To deal with her.

Life moves and happens and waits

for no one.

But He forever exists.


Poem by A.V. Maya

Written at the Art Museum of Asheville, NC

Comments

Popular Posts