Our need to learn and practice biblical contentment

 

Photo by Karl Hörnfeldt on Unsplash

... I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content...

The Apostle Paul


I am working on a new teaching series to discuss the topic of Christian contentment. I am not choosing this topic randomly but as a response to a particular expression of our rebellious heart that has improved significantly in recent times, thanks to our technological advancements: our ability to create capable imitations of glory.


These copies or replacements are still fakes and feed our pride-idolatry and arrogance but, unfortunately, are now capable of creating limited views of reality that are difficult to distinguish from the whole truth. Now, it is easier than ever to create a bubble around us that isolates us from reality while it makes our ignorance of God and His power work in favor of our sense of entitlement and denial of absolute truth.


Yes, we can go against all scientific evidence and logic, promoting our rebellious desires, and still make the situation work for us.


I hope you join me in this new endeavor.


-AV  

 


Comments

Popular Posts