Dealing with myself

Photo by Felicia Buitenwerf on Unsplash

 

... by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me was not in vain.
1 Corinthians 15:10


I am not what my enemies say I am;

neither what my emotions nor my circumstances insist 

   in promoting.

I am what God says I am.

His grace defines me; His mercy determines who and what I am.

It is His Beauty that establishes what I am and what I have.


His grace is not a license to do whatever I want;

I am what I am is not an excuse for my sin;

  He is still Holy, Holy, Holy and the Righteous God.

But His grace sets me free from the need to perform, 

   from the need of approval-seeking.


I can see His grace has not been in vane,

I can see His work in me, His gospel taken troots;

  I can see my dependency and delight in the means of 

    His grace increasing.


By His grace I am what I am: loved, forgiven, reconciled;

   Adopted.

Nothing and nobody will ever change that.





Comments

Popular Posts