Boycotting the broadcasting of Inauguration Day

 



Photo by Liam Edwards on Unsplash

I strongly believe there are many things we should celebrate in the inauguration of a new administration for our country. In this particular case, even when they are not the public servants I voted for, I think that the political victory of President-elect Biden is something significant, something that should encourage us all; likewise seeing Mrs. Harris elected as our first female VP. These are, indeed, amazing times to be alive.


However, because of all the misinformation, bias, turmoil, racism, anger, fear, and hypocrisy promoted by mainstream media, I have decided not to watch the Inauguration Day ceremony. With the help of the Triune God of the Universe, I hope this will be my only act of protest in 2021. 


Consider this.

  • How influential do you think is the mainstream media in our nation?
  • Do we, the citizens, bear responsibility for the press' bias and misinformation? Why? How?
  • When is public protest the right response? What makes a protest acceptable?




Comments

Popular Posts